[Wikipedia-l] Off topic on cultural differences

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 10:05:42 UTC 2002

On Monday 26 August 2002 02:30 pm, you wrote:
> I had no idea that a person could be sued anywhere in the world for
> calling someone an asshole.  Americans are litigious enough already,
> god forbid if we could sue people for _that_!  :-)
>
> --Jimbo

Good lord! I would have been thrown in prison or sued into poverty many yarns
ago if the US had such a law (along with a majority of the adult male
population in the US -- in some circles this and similar insults is how you
say hello to friends).

God bless the USA!

OK that is enough - back to wiki business...

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)