[Wikipedia-l] Re: Re: note to the militia

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Aug 26 17:58:10 UTC 2002

Daniel Mayer wrote:

>What would be most useful is a listing of new users that can be accessed from
>http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Listusers. That way this job would be
>much easier.

At one time thes were in order of joining (which can be useless in its
own way).  Can some kind of a sort function be applied.

>BTW we really /do not/ have 3498 real users -- a good many of these "users"
>logged in only to abuse our upload utility or for other nefarious or
>non-contributing reasons (I don't greet any user who hasn't contributed at
>all). Is there a way to get rid of many of these no-longer used user accounts
>Lee (just the ones that have been inactive for months and whose user pages
>are still edit links)?

Can there be a "Wikepedia reserve army" list where anybody that hasn't
been seen in 90 days is listed.  To get back on the main list, one
simple log-in would do the trick.  I would not object to seeing a lot of
"accidental" registrations cancelled completely; many of these people
have probably even forgotten that Wikipedia exists.  They can always
re-register if they want.

Eclecticology