[Wikipedia-l] Any suggestions for stopping Helga's latest onslaught...

Krzysztof P. Jasiutowicz kpj at kki.net.pl
Thu Aug 22 20:29:47 UTC 2002

On 22-08-2002, Julie Hofmann Kemp wrote thusly :
> Short of blocking her?  She's now claiming to have found all kinds of
> interesting "proof" of things like "the Soviets fabricated evidence for
> the Nuremberg trials" and other "suppressed history."  Getting a little
> weird out here in the trenches.  She also seems to think that people who
> were fired or left office during the Truman administration because of
> supposed (or real) communist ties points to a vast Communist conspiracy.
> I wonder if she's heard of a certain senator from Wisconsin...

I am all for NPOVing articles on Polish-German history.
I am sure there is a lot of Communist propaganda in the history fed into
our minds during the old regime.
The history needs a thorough research, fact, references, common sense
and tact.

Helga Jonat's contributions are counter-productive in this respect.
This way we can start Polish-Lithuanian Polish-Ukrainian history
debates leading to nowhere. L'viv and Vilnius was Polish
back in the history. But we must look forward and try to discuss
conflicting views. Without all the propaganda.

The history of Europe is convoluted and especially Central Europe,
as one of German contributors said most German are good-willed and want to
reconcile rather than always look back into difficult histories of
our nations.

You can see that dialogue with her is rather difficult and I now am
awaiting your comments - what to do with the current situation.

Regards,
kpjas.