[Wikipedia-l] Acknowledgements

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Thu Aug 22 07:27:55 UTC 2002

I think Lee is on the right track with putting the credits in the
*source* text, but displaying them not just as text, but elsewhere on
the page.

Would a [[credits:Based on the work on that guy]] do (similar to the
language links, which are no "real" namespaces as well), or would we run
into problems with linking to internal or external sites from within the
credits? Anyway, <credits> will do fine (yes, too much Episode I...).

Credits could be printed in a small font at the end of the article. On
the "view" pages, there could be a link to "credits", which opens a new
window (yes, popups are evil, but this might be an exception;). So,
anyone who is interested in the credits will see where we give'em, and
can read them; the others won't be bothered with yet more lines on their
800x600 screen.

Magnus