[Wikipedia-l] Bug while editing -- all text in article lost

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Wed Aug 21 20:15:24 UTC 2002

Poor, Edmund W wrote:
> While editing at 9:05 A.M. (Eastern) today, I lost all my edits, and the
> text of the article disappeared to. See user:Ed Poor
>
> What's going on?

Could you describe what happened? What browser were you using? (By
digging through the history of your talk page, which seems to have been
the location of the problem, apparently you're using some version of
Opera.) Did you see any error messages? Mysterious flashing lights? An
odd humming noise? Burp in your net connection? _Anything_? Was there
any particular text (or symbols) that you put in that edit that did not
appear in other versions that were successfully saved?

The server logs are a little scanty, but it looks okay -- your
submission was met with a 302 code (redirecting from the submit address
to the view-article address). Just, your submission appears to be empty...

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)