[Wikipedia-l] My apologies

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Aug 15 00:10:13 UTC 2002

Andre Engels wrote:

> What happened was that I deleted a whole lot of pages, giving as the reason
> that they were at the same time:
>   1. orphans
>   2. stubs or dictionary-style entries
>
> I will not apologize, not because I'm not sorry, but because I already did.
>
> Regarding the offer to help undoing things: Although my deletions may have
> been better not made, they also as someone said "did not do much damage".
> Undoing them will undoubtedly be more trouble than it's worth. Writing some
> good, or even mediocre, Wikipedia article on random subjects will probably
> do more good to Wikipedia with less work.

Andre,

I seem to delete more pages than just about anyone else... and a whole
bunch of them are ones that you recommended for removal previously.
Anyway, a couple of people got annoyed with me not because I was
deleting too much stuff but because I wasn't attributing them thorougly
enough for their liking. I don't know what you've been removing because
it was the middle of the night here and I was asleep, but if they were
only orphan stubs then I really don't see what the fuss is all about...

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

And on the seventh day, God said 'What my world needs is a creature that
will truly appreciate it in all its facets' -
and so He made the kitten.

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: