[Wikipedia-l] @wikipedia.org

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 11 08:12:47 UTC 2002

On Saturday 10 August 2002 11:35 pm, you wrote:
> If you're feeling out-gunned by Larry's mail account,
> you can get mirwin at nupedia.com if you register at
> nupedia.com. Then you can reply to Larry with the
> authority of nupedia.com backing you! What fun!
>
> Stephen G.

I have been dying for a maveric149 at wikipedia.org (or .com if .org is not
possible; grumble, .com, grumble) email address for months now.

Jimbo, Lee et al. is this possible? I currently pay Yahoo! 30 bucks US a year
for my email account - I would much rather have that money go to the project
instead (If Jimbo doesn't need it to pay for current expenses then it can sit
in a savings account for the future non-profit Wikipedia Foundation).

Then again we might want to hold off on this idea until the non-profit is
set-up. Then Wikipedia email accounts would be one of the member privileges
for contributing ($) members of the non-profit.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)