[Wikipedia-l] blocked an IP

Vicki Rosenzweig vr at redbird.org
Wed Aug 7 15:06:59 UTC 2002

At 08:07 AM 8/7/02 -0700, Koyaanis Qatsi wrote:
>just wanted to give you all a heads up:  if you check out
>[[Special:Ipblocklist]] you'll see I just blocked somebody:
>
>* 07:42 Aug 7, 2002, Koyaanis Qatsi blocked 213.253.39.188 (contribs)
>(unblock) (scripting in about 24 Easton's Bible Dictionary entries per
>minute--wikified, which I appreciate, but otherwise untouched, that is,
>heavily biased.)
>
>I email this because I'm about to go pick up equipment for a shoot I'm
>going to in L.A.  I'll be out most of today and I'm leaving Friday morning
>and will be gone until early Sunday a week later.  I'm not dodging the
>debate that will undoubtedly come up.

I'm relieved; I don't mind the entries on things found only in the Bible,
but they're grossly
inappropriate as articles on subjects like [[anise]]. (I did a quick
once-over on that, putting
a quick definition at the beginning, clarifying that the easton is about
the bible, and making
a few links. But it needs lots of work--the original author doesn't even
seem to know which
of two botanical names the article means when it says "dill."