[Wikipedia-l] RE: Duplicate pages

Julie Hofmann Kemp juleskemp at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 28 17:43:43 UTC 2002

Message: 3
From: "Eirik Bakke" <eirik_bakke at broadpark.no>
To: <wikipedia-l at nupedia.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 04:24:01 +0200
Subject: [Wikipedia-l] Duplicate pages.

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C1EDA3.5B787E40

Greetings,

I'm fairly new to wikipedia, and this mailinglist, so I don't really =
know if this is the appropriate forum for this, but here goes;

I'm attempting to flesh out the area of music genres, however I've ran =
into a problem I cannot seem to find a way to get around. When entering
=
artists of various musical genres, alot of the entries I want to make, =
already have alot of information on a totally different subject (Fish, =
Genesis,Delerium,Live, Emperor ect). The obvious solution would be to =
add it to the existing pages under a different meaning of the word, =
however I feel that would do more harm then good on alot of topics. =
(Writing about progressive rock under the entrance for "Fish") Is there
=
any workaroud for this? Ideally creating several pages for the same =
topic, that would both show up on a search, without the clutter of =
having elerything on the same page. This problem will only get more =
common as the numbers of articles increase.

I would apprechiate and insight you migth have to offer.

Thank you.

Eirik Bakke

Hi Eirik --  Speaking of duplication, isn't it a good thing we have
User: Eirik Bakke to distinguish him from Eirik Bakke (the footballer)?

Jules Kemp