[Wikipedia-l] Further replies

Mark Christensen mchristensen at HTEC.com
Sun Apr 14 16:40:39 UTC 2002

I for one don't appreciate this list being used to make personal attacks.

I don't know what exactly you are trying to do by making accusations about
Cunctator, and frankly I don't care.  I just don't want to see this stuff on
the list.

Because I am very impressed with the way you formed a community behind the
objective of the NPOV encyclopedia, I am hesitant to say anything be misused
by those who seem to have something against you.  But, since this is not the
first time you've lashed out on this list...

Please, use this list for the discussion of the wikipedia project, including
of course specific problems with specific things people have actually done
on the wikipedia, but not for inuendo and personal attacks.

Obviously it is just my personal desire not to see this list used as a
vehicle for attacking people, and you are free to do what you please.  But,
I want to state my public support for something Manning Bartlett said in
regards to your previous interactions with Cunctator on the list:

> If you want to criticise a decision, or an action, or an article, or
> discuss a policy, count me in. But I find expressing contempt for any
> individual, for any reason, to be unacceptable in this forum.
See : http://www.nupedia.com/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2001-December/000980.html

Another expample of the problem can be found at:
http://www.nupedia.com/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2002-March/001598.html

Yours
Mark Christensen