[Wikipedia-l] 24's latest statement

Daniel Lee Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 13 21:04:59 UTC 2002

On Saturday 13 April 2002 12:01 pm, tc wrote:
> ........ If we embraced him, showed him
> love, and made whatever corrections we think necessary to any
> contributions he makes to Wikipedia *without characterizing his
> intentions*, we wouldn't need Anthony Zinni or Colin Powell.

This has been tried to a great extent by myself and several others. 24
doesn't seem to care about our standards and way of doing things and in fact
wants to change the fundamental character of the project. Some of us don't
care for this attitude at all and are now trying to clean up his mess.

With that being said, and since 24's submits are far fewer, I do think if we
tone down our rhetoric, try to politely edit his/her work, and have Jimbo or
maybee yourself continue to try and reach out to this character, maybee, just
maybee he/she will reform. Perhaps this person is a bit aloof and did
overreact after seeing our reaction. But then, I allways tend to give people
more credit than they sometimes deserve after I am able to emotionally detach
myself from this issue a bit.

Cheers!

maveric149