[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia-l digest, Vol 1 #350 - 9 msgs

kband at www.llamacom.com kband at www.llamacom.com
Wed Apr 10 02:18:40 UTC 2002

> On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:06:58 kband at www.llamacom.com wrote:
> > What did 24 do on wikipedia.com?
>
> For examples see "particle physics", "money", "Artificial Intelligence".

Deleting particle physics was certainly a dumb thing to do (though easy
to deal with).

His contributions to the "money" article, if he did revision 6, seem
to me to be quite good. It looks like he took a very brief article and
usefully expanded the history, from commodity money to fiat money.
Even his "agenda-based" paragraphs are properly put into context,
by stating that it's a "green economist" position.

His edits to "artificial intelligence" didn't help much, but the
article was already a mostly incomprehensible mish-mash, and what he
did is certainly no worse than what just about every editor I know
(including myself) has done at least one point.

Are there other entries? Or is the hooplah mostly about his meta-rants?

I don't see that much evidence that he's trying to violate the mission
of Wikipedia, or even subvert it to his own kooky ends. He seems to
respect the mission, and thinks that people don't have the right
understanding of what NPOV means. I personally think that NPOV concept
has flaws as being the guiding principle for Wikipedia, since it's
such a semantically flexible term.

That said, he's obviously self-centered and self-righteous. Has he
made any edits in the last few days?

--tc