[Wikipedia-l] More on our friend 24

Daniel Lee Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 02:12:36 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 12:01 pm, Jimbo wrote:
> I'm trying to see if I can raise him via private email.  Perhaps I can talk
> sense into him.

On three separate occasions I have either told 24 about the mailing list or
invited him/her to join in --- if for no other reason than to see what we are
up to with policy and other discussions. Each time, I even included a link to
the mailing list wikipedia page for his/her convenience.

FYI here is something 24 has recently wrote in response to a statement I made
about contacting the mailing list about his/her actions
(from [[Talk:Military fiat]]):

"you are quite welcome to have a "party" or "clique" discussion on what your
mailing list clique wishes to do about the Governance of this project.  I
will proceed as I am until someone writes a [[m:Status quo]] that identifies
some action of mine as a problem, or until someone else achieves consensus on
a means of [[m:Governance]] on the project now that Larry is gone. -24" (I of
course had to sign 24's comment for him/her -- still doesn't get that
convention either...)

If I read this right, then this person is purposely trying to force us into
joining his "wikipedia governance" project! And if we don't, 24 will continue
doing the same darn things in the same way as he/she is already doing them.

I don't know about ya'all, but I don't like being coerced.

Some more stuff 24 has been up to:
(you might want to check out the meta Jimbo)