[Wikipedia-l] IP blocking

Daniel Lee Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 04:03:23 UTC 2002

Is there a message that pops up to explain to a person who has his/her IP
blocked that they have their IP blocked? I often wonder if I have offended
anyone when I can't access wikipedia at all for several hours to sometimes
days from home (and then am able to access it from work or school for a
while, then nothing - no other sites seem to be affected). Are these outages
normal? Is there a problem with me being behind a firewall? Or am I in fact
on somebodies sh*t-list? Just wondering.....

BTW since everyone else that contributes regularly seems to have admit status
now, I was wondering if I could also be given that status - for the times
when I catch somebody uploading copyrighted material or when a nasty vandal
is having fun in the wee hours in the morning.

Cheers!