[Wikipedia-l] 9-11 In Memoriam

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Wed Sep 19 19:08:34 UTC 2001

Hello to the list. I've known about Wikipedia for a while, but started
contributing after the Slashdot article reminded me of the site.

If you haven't noticed, I've been helping to build the September 11, 2001
Terrorist Attack entry. Many other Wikipedians have put in immense effort
(just look at
http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki.cgi?action=history&id=September_11,_2001_Terrorist_Attack
for one page of edits). My initial
effort, and my continuing focus, is on the thousands of victims of
this tragedy--as exemplified by
http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/September_11,_2001_Terrorist_Attack/In_Memoriam

Wikipedia can be the perfect environment for the growth of a memorial
to the victims, which will strengthen and grow the general Wikipedia
effort at the same time.

As I discuss in
http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/Wikipedia_commentary/Please_help_build_911_Attack_memorial

this will take a mass effort. While continuing to edit specific pages,
I've been trying to spend my time on figuring out how to make it
more likely that lots of people will contribute--which is why I'm writing
this.

Can we get each Wikipedian to choose a casualty or missing person
and create their entry?

How can we get more people to help?

Have I been doing the right things?

Thanks again to all that have contributed and shared in this effort.
The people of New York need the support and caring of the entire world
if they are to be able to continue on.

--
The Cunctator
cunctator at kband.com www.kband.com