[Wikipedia-l] Alternative language wikipedias

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Fri Mar 16 22:39:21 UTC 2001

Lee Crocker wrote:
> The current Wiki
> ASCII codes page will be entirely replaced--the characters on that
> page don't even correspond to the codes that label them--perhaps Wiki
> software munged them at some point.

I'm assuming you know what you're doing, but it's perhaps worth pointing
out that when (per the instructions on
http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki.cgi?Wiki_ASCII_codes_page )
I hold down alt key and then, using the number pad, type the number of
the character in question, I do indeed get the character in question.
I'm fairly sure it works the same way for many other people, too.

I'm probably not understanding what you're saying.  I just hope you
won't change this information, because it does appear to be accurate and
useful.  You could supplement it with more information, of course.

Larry