[Wikipedia-l] PHP Wikipedia, Part 2

Mark Christensen mchristensen at HTEC.com
Sat Aug 25 18:51:30 UTC 2001

I've been tooling around on the php wikipedia, and it is very nice!
Congratulations.

Great job with the statistics page, it'll be very useful.

The parser works well with the couple pages I imported, generally I'm very
impressed.

Are you planning to post the code for this on one of the php.wikipedia.com
pages as you mentioned in a previous e-mail.  I'd be very interested in
seeing it.

The one problem I see thus far is that UseModWiki allows subpage links on a
subpage to other subpages of the main page.  I know that's not the best
description, but in the original wikipedia software a [[/subtalk]] link on
[[MainPage/talk]] would lead to [[MainPage/subtalk]].  We may not want to
emulate this, as it is certainly not intuitive, but there are a lot of
pages, like poker, with subpages that link to other subpages -- either our
parser needs to automatically translate these links or the PHP wikipedia
should deal with them in the same way as UseModWiki.

Yours
Mark Christensen