[Wikinews-l] Email forwarded to Wikinews-l to verify OR

Wikinewsie: Anonymous101 wikinewsie.anonymous101 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 31 18:00:17 UTC 2008

I am forwarding this to Wikinews-l so my OR at
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/British_doctor_killed_after_being_shot_while_on_honeymooncan
be verified. (I think this is better that posting a transcript at the
talk page as that can be faked). As my original message was not included in
the reply with the statement. I believe there is no problem with forwarding
this to a public list as a media statemnt is fine to be online:

Mrs. Kelly,

As you are probably aware, Ben Mullany, one of the students at UWE, is
currently critically ill in hospital after an attack on his hotel room
in Antigua. I, as a freelance journalist who writes for the online
news source Wikinews (en.wikinews.org), am currently preparing a
follow up article on the attack. In the article, I would like to
include a statement from the university, highlighting the reaction to
the shooting of Mullany. Would it be possible for you to provide such
a statement.

Many thanks,
<nameremoved>

Below is the statement received in reply to te above statement (note that I
changed the email address and removed my name mentioned so my real name does
not appear on wiki)