[Wikinews-l] FW: [Foundation-l] [Announcement] French lawsuit against WMF won incourt

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Fri Nov 2 18:30:01 UTC 2007

Anyone from fr.wikinews subscribed?

Sorry for those who initially saw this on foundation-l, but I believe that
at the very least fr.wikinews.org should cover this. A key goal in doing so
is to make the point that the law affords WMF the same legal protections as
an ISP.

I don't really know anything about French law, if this sets a precedent that
will be referred to, or if the case can be held up in future in any way to
show the Foundation has the common carrier immunity.

OTOH, I'm not totally convinced that Wikinews could, as Florence suggests,
work with a BLP policy as strict as that on Wikipedia.

Brian.