[Wikinews-l] (no subject)

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 04:40:41 UTC 2007

On Dec 28, 2007 9:33 AM, D B <dlbanks_2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  My name is Damon and I am a high school student in Florida.  I have gotten
> approval from my teacher and principal to create an online newspaper for our
> school covering mostly US and some International news.  My question is, is
> it ok to reuse the wikinews data as my source of news for the school website
> ?
>

>  Thank you
>  Damon

In principle, all text in Wikinews is subject to the Creative Commons
Attribution 2.5 License (cc-by-2.5) and may be used free of charge for
any purpose. A specific permission for use is not necessary, as long
as the user observes the license conditions (attributing the source).

In order to fulfill the requirements of this license (attribution),
something like the following text may be sufficient for online use:

This article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5
License (link to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/ ). It
includes content from the Wikinews article "xxx". (link to the
Wikinews article)

For more information please see:
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Copyright or the license itself:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/

(Tiny disclaimer: :-) Please note: Neither the Wikimedia Foundation,
nor the authors of articles on Wikimedia sites, nor the volunteers
answering mail to this address provide legal advice. It is your
responsibility, if you intend to reuse content from Wikimedia sites,
to determine how the licenses of the content that we host apply to
your intended uses.)

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023