[Wikinews-l] Organizing work on bots

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 14:52:38 UTC 2007

Bots are able to make up to date a lot of things which one news agency
(which Wikinews is) needs. From simple statistics pages, to global
weather system, stock data and so on.

Let's try to organize our work on automatic pages on all Wikinewses. To
do that, I need to map our possibilities. So, I need to know the next:

 From Wikinewsians who are willing to participate in keeping up to date
automatic pages, creating new tasks and so on -- please, tell to the
list what do you know:

1) to program in Python
2) to use GNU/Linux system (cp, ls, mv, vim, joe, ./program -opt1 arg1 etc.)
3) don't know that, but you are willing to learn it.

After we know how many people are willing to work on bots, we may start
with organizing our work. Let's say, next Monday.

The first things which we should do will be:

- Opening accounts on Toolserver for those who don't have it.
- Organizing our wishes and our possibilities.
- Making agenda.
- Implementing it.

(BTW, I became a steward yesterday. So, you may ask me for cross-project
checkuser and for checkuser on the projects which don't have their own
checkusers.)