[Wikinews-l] Meeting with Beta news agency management

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 11:28:13 UTC 2007

(Please, use "reply to all" for replying. If some of you are not
subscribed to wikinews-l, please subscribe.)

Yesterday I was on meeting with director of Beta news agency and Beta's
manager for Internet. According to our informal agreement a year and a
half ago, we made yesterday a formal agreement:

- We may take their short news (a couple per day) for sr.wn (see rss
feed [1]).
- We may take their longer news (between one and three during working
days) for en.wn, see rss feed [2]. (This will go into the separate thread.)
- Actually, they offered to us the whole bulletin in English with one
day of delay, too. (This will go into the separate thread.)
- They have a clear knowledge about what CC-BY 2.5 is (as I mentioned,
news which they are giving on Internet are used de facto under CC-BY).
I'll send to them how their permissions should look like and, they will
print it, sign it and send it to permissions-<whatever>@wikimedia.org.
- Wikimedia Serbia may sign some kind of agreement with Beta, which
should be discussed.
- If we have some other ideas, they are open to listen and if it is not
against their interests, I am sure that they will agree with that.

[1] - http://www.beta.co.yu/rssvd.asp
[2] - http://www.beta.co.yu/rssen.asp