[Wikimedia ZA] Finalising draft founding documents

Kerryn McKay kerryn at africancommons.org
Tue Oct 26 07:54:11 UTC 2010

Dear all

It was agreed at the kickoff workshop that was held in Johannesburg a few
months ago, that various people would volunteer to assist with a variety of
different tasks.  I've copied below the list of those folk who were eager to
be involved in the administrative issues, of which the founding documents
will be a part, and who subsequently put their names down on the list during
the workshop.  I've copied the names below - some of these people have
already responded to certain points so a lot of this work is already being
done.

However, it might be a good idea for the sub-group of people to perhaps self
organise, and possibly even set up a sub-list where they can go through the
founding documents and relevant comments in more detail and then report back
to the main list.   It may mean dividing up the documents and relevant
comments for a couple of people to work through at a time; even possibly
having a skype meeting or two to discuss the more difficult issues.  Then on
specific clauses, I'm sure clarification can be requested from Tobias and
myself.  Working through the docs will probably take up a bit of headspace
and even some research which will be minimised if shared out amongst the
group.  But I think that once this process is over, the team will strongly
*own* the founding documents and so will be able to respond to any queries
and challenges posted by ChapCom when these docs are finally submitted.

   - LouriePieterse <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:LouriePieterse> (
   talk <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:LouriePieterse> •
contribs<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/LouriePieterse>
    • email<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:EmailUser/LouriePieterse>
   )
   - Tobias
   - David: Slashme <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Slashme>
(talk<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Slashme>
   • contribs <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Slashme>
    • email <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:EmailUser/Slashme>)
   - Derryn
   - Adam
   - Alice
   - Rasi
   - Aslam
   - Daniela
   - Kerryn
   - The Extremist <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:The_Extremist>
(talk<http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:The_Extremist&action=edit&redlink=1>
   • contribs<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/The_Extremist>
    • email <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:EmailUser/The_Extremist>
   )
   - There is also Arie who has since added his name:  Arie R. Scheurwater

Regards

Kerryn

* * * *
KERRYN MCKAY
director, The African Commons Project

email me at:  kerryn at africancommons.org
phone me:  +2711 486 0211, cell:  +27 82 334 6165,
skype me:  kerrynmac