[Wikimediaindia-l] Mailing list Guidelines

Ashwin Baindur ashwin.baindur at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:15:40 UTC 2012

I think Srikanth's list is quite an acceptable list of guidelines.

A list exists for the purpose of discussion. Theoretically every Wikipedian
subscribed to this list can respond to every thread and start a thread of
their own everyday. Should this happen, our discussions would rise in
magnitude astronomically I think.

For those who feel "that the list is becoming pointless due to the volume
of mails and quality of threads", the option remains to voluntarily
unsubscribe.

Alternatively, please start an interesting and pointful thread of your own.
But then I will be the lodestone to decide whether it is indeed
qualititatively

Any topic relevant to the broad Wikimedian community not having a list of
its own can be discussed. In addition, announcements, requests to
participate in polls, or issues on other lists may also be featured.

What is NOT acceptable are completely offtopic issues such as those
outlined in Srikath's guidelines.

Warm regards,

Ashwin Baindur