[Wikimediaindia-l] FOSS and Wikipedia

Srikanth Ramakrishnan rsrikanth05 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:08:50 UTC 2012

Heya, I think it is time to make a clear distinction between FOSS and
Wikipedia out here. Wikipedia is NOT FOSS and FOSS is NOT Wikipedia.
Only the basic ideology is the same, nothing else. Several of us,
including Me, Pradeep have been victims of FOSS activism, both on the
list and off the list. Wikipedia so't wholely reliant on FOSS, and
will never be. I don't mean to offend anyone but this is it. Please
comment.

--
Regards,
Srikanth Ramakrishnan,