No subject

Fri Sep 2 16:33:14 UTC 2011

On the day a terrorist attack ripped through the heart of my city,<br>
Wikipedia changed my life.<br>
The 2011 bombings in Mumbai made international headlines, but at the<br>
moment the crisis struck, there was no straightforward information<br>
about what had happened.<br>
I knew I couldn=E2=80=99t be the only one looking for answers. So I went ou=
t<br>
to take photos, uploaded a map I pasted together, and made sure the<br>
Wikipedia article on the incident would help people make sense of the<br>
chaos.<br>
Since then, I=E2=80=99ve made thousands of edits to Wikipedia articles. My<=
br>
experience that day on Wikipedia made my passion for photojournalism<br>
clear, and I=E2=80=99ve followed that path ever since.<br>
I felt so grateful for Wikipedia, and when I learned how it stays<br>
online, I donated 250 rupees to do my part. Will you make a donation<br>
to keep this valuable resource available around the world?<br>
Wikipedia enables us to share the world. With 470 million different<br>
visitors every month, it=E2=80=99s revolutionized the way we consume and<br=

spread information -- sometimes even down to the moment it happens.<br>
And it does it all for free -- with zero ads, under 1,000 servers and<br>
fewer than 100 staff.<br>
That=E2=80=99s amazing. Just look at Google or Facebook. They have hundreds=
 of<br>
thousands of servers and tens of thousands of staff.<br>
It=E2=80=99s no wonder Wikipedia is the 5th most popular and most visited s=
ite<br>
online. And it=E2=80=99s also no wonder why they need support every year fr=
om<br>
people like me and you.<br>
Will you pitch in $5, $20, $50 or whatever you think Wikipedia is worth to =
you?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Karthik Nadar<br>
Wikipedia author<br>
--<br>
=EF=BB=BFSue Gardner<br>
Executive Director<br>
Wikimedia Foundation<br>
415 839 6885 office<br>
415 816 9967 cell<br>
Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in<br>
the sum of all knowledge.=C2=A0 Help us make it a reality!<br>
tp://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate</a><br>