[Wikimediaindia-l] [Wikimedia-in-mum] [WikiConference-India 2011] Vote for the Conference Logo

wheredevelsdare at hotmail.com wheredevelsdare at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 07:12:46 UTC 2011

The vote has taken place and this matter is now closed.

No more replies on this thread, please!

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:39:39 +0530
From: ganeshgajre at gmail.com
To: pradeep.mohandas at gmail.com
CC: wikiconference-india at lists.wikimedia.org; wikimediaindia-l at lists.wikimedia.org; wikimedia-in-mum at lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-in-mum] [WikiConference-India 2011] Vote for the Conference Logo

I guess,

We are going to the wrong direction. The current logo creating problem to understand what it means while reading it.

I believe on "Simplicity is always beautiful when it can be understand by all." The new logo is simple but can understand easily.

Because we are Wikipedians and we read hindi, marathi we feel it's OK...Logo says "WIKI" but the person who is not familiar to hindi, marathi wikipedia he reads it as "Vikree" or "Chikree".

I will suggest to keep new logo.

This is suggestion and would like if other members strongly think about it.