[Wikimediaindia-l] [WikiConference-India 2011] [Wikimedia-in-mum] Vote for the Conference Logo

Shekhar Krishnan shekhar at mit.edu
Sun Sep 25 19:49:57 UTC 2011

I changed the logo on the main site today, but this was rolled back with
a question of whether it had been approved by Jayantha and User:Wikitanvir.

There has already been a long thread on this where nobody disagreed, and
all said that the spelling errors and mis-reading in Devnagari must be
fixex. I think we should close the discussion and adopt the revised
logos. The full set of logos, banners and icons are uploaded here:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WikiConference_India_2011_Banner.png

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WikiConference_India_2011_Icon.png

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WikiConference_India_Logo_2.svg

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WikiConference_India_Logo_1.png

I accept full blame for earlier proposing this flawed design which read
as "chikri" or "vikri", and had an incorrect matra for "wiki" in
Devnagari. I have worked with the designer to create revised versions
for all our purposes, from banners to icons to conference shwag.

I urge that we adopt these *across* all sites, conference as well as
registration, and on all other banners.

The registration page is still using the old logo (they should replace
it with the banner image above) and the header icon on the conference
page still has the old logo (should be replaced with the icon png above).

I'm not sure who's in-charge of the registration site and the header,
but am happy to work with them to provide graphics based on the revised
logo.

Best,

Shekhar