[Wikimediaindia-l] Report on First Wiki Academy organised by Wikimedia Chapter

Shiju Alex shijualexonline at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 01:56:05 UTC 2011

> All government employees here in Karnataka use Nudi in their offices and it
> was little difficult for them to get used to phonetic transliteration
> keyboard attached to Kannada wiki.
>
> Is there any provision to add multiple key layouts (itrans/KGP/inscript) to
> wikipedia for each language? If yes, how. Any pointers or hacks would be
> very much appreciated.

Yes it is possible. See the Narayam
extension<http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/2011-September/004426.html>integrated
to Tamil, Malayalam, Sanskrit Wikipedias. Also Bengali, Hindi,
and Marathi  wikipedias use a similar tool developed by Junaid.

But to integrate additional typing schemes to Kannada wikipedia, support
from few Kannada wikipedians is required. We need to test the typing schemes
before it is integrated to wikipedia.

Please let me know in case any support is required regarding this.