[Wikimediaindia-l] Huggle in Hindi

Srikanth Ramakrishnan rsrikanth05 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 14:59:20 UTC 2011

Heya all,
This is just a small message I'm passing on to you all.
I don't know if it has been mentioned here [in all probability, Vaibhav Jain
would have], as I don't subscribe to the mailing list anymore.
If you need to contact me, you have my email address from this mail, as said
I don't get mails from the WMI list.

Huggle, the vandal fighting tool, has been translated to Hindi.
I had started it back in 2009, and Rohit took over, did most of the
translations, and Vaibhav Jain finished it in the end.
It works in both ways:
Hindi interface on the English Wikipedia :
English interface on Hindi Wikipedia:

You can practically use the application in any of the available languages on
any of the enabled Wikis where you have rollback rights.
I have used the Hindi interface on the English Wikipedia.
I have heard that there are issues with the Hindi Wikipedia. I wanted to
apply for rollback rights on the Hindi Wikipedia to test it out, but I
didn't due to a few offline conflicts with Hindi sysops.

I got User VaibhavsKulkarni to start work on Marathi, but he left it due to
personal reasons, I am now looking for Marathi volunteers.
I created a page for Kannada, but no work has been done [or so, the last
time I checked].

This has happened inspite of me repeatedly requesting people on the mailing
list to help [which nobody apparently has enough time for].

Please take some interest.
Some piece of software is now available in an Indian language.
That enough is a reason for us to contribute.

Enjoy localisation here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Huggle/Localization

Cheers,
Rsrikanth05

--