[Wikimediaindia-l] Fwd: Thank you from the Wikimedia Foundation

Achal Prabhala aprabhala at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 06:13:59 UTC 2011

I just made my annual donation today, and I must say this is one of the
warmest, smartest and most endearing thank-you letters I've ever
received. (I wanted to give by clicking on the Brandon banner - to
encourage him to grow his hair - but I missed it!) I'm also glad that
the WMF is going the rupee route - it makes the fundraiser more
understandable to us here. And the localisation is pretty detailed, so
if for instance you happen to be viewing Portuguese Wikipedia in India,
the fundraising banner displays the same local donation message (in
rupees) but in the Portuguese language.

Quite impressive :)

Cheers,
Achal