[Wikimediaindia-l] Noteworthy Wikimedian recognition and Jury mention

Arun Ramarathnam arunram25 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 10:00:42 UTC 2011

Dear Wikimedians,

On behalf of the jury for the NWR 2011 <http://wiki.wikimedia.in/NWR_2011>,
 thank you all for you active participation and your nominations of
contributing Wikimedians for the recognition.

We shared the details during Day 3 of the WikiConference India. The updated
deck is shared for your reference,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/NWR_2011_and_Jury_mention_V1.0.pdf

Let us applaud all the 41
nominations<http://wiki.wikimedia.in/NWR_2011#Nominations>. They
are fantastic contributors and a great inspiration. We salute their passion
and commitment to contribute and develop educational content under a free
license <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/en:free_content>.  We should
celebrate everyone of them.

I would like to thank the entire Jury
<http://wiki.wikimedia.in/NWR_2011#The_Jury> personally for their time and
efforts toward the NWR 2011 exercise.

This is the first year for the NWR 2011 and we have tried our best to make
this exercise participative. Next year we hope to do even better. We
welcome everyone's inputs to make this even process better next year.

The intention of this exercise was to Discover, Document, Recognize and
Share the contributions of prolific Wikimedians. As you will appreciate
this is an ongoing process. We hope we taken a small step in that direction.

Thank you.

regards
Arun
On behalf the NWR 2011 Jury <http://wiki.wikimedia.in/NWR_2011#The_Jury>