[Wikimediaindia-l] Death and Post-mortem of Indian Education Program pilot -- #DelayedMail

Bishakha Datta bishakhadatta at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 07:35:57 UTC 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Arnav Sonara <sonara.arnav at gmail.com>wrote:

> hi,
>>
>> It was a pilot and hence I guess was meant to die at some point.
>>
>> First up, to the Campus Ambassadors, you guys showed a lot of courage in
>> taking up and then following through on your commitment of being Campus
>> Ambassadors through the length of this Pilot. I hope the team will also
>> speak to the  Ambassadors whilst doing the post-mortem so future programs
>> have the benefit of their "experience". The same also goes to the India
>> Programs team that initiated this project.
>>

> Thanks to all of you, yes this was a Pilot, but at no point I see it
> dying.  Its just that we have taken a pause right now to learn from the
> findings and ll come back all prepared and with the help of you all we ll
> try to gain new heights again.
>
> Arnav,

Good to hear back from one of the campus ambassadors. I think it would be
great if we could hear back from many more of you - as those who were on
the front lines of this program, what are your views on it? What did you
think worked? What would you change? What gave you a feeling of pride? What
made you worried?

By "you", I don't mean just you, but all the campus ambassadors who are on
this list. Hope you'll will write in and share your thoughts on these or
other aspects.

And in the midst of all the flak, congratulations, all CAs. With the huge
number of students overwhelming the program, each of you probably ended up
doing way more than you had signed up for. I hope you continue to take and
feel pride in that very sincere effort, regardless of the outcome of this.

Also - I would love to hear from Nitika, who was dealing with this program
on the ground. (What did you make of this, Nitika? Pros and cons?)

Please don't feel pressured by my request; we've already heard back from
en:wp editors - those comments are totally valid and must be taken into
account in any future iteration of the program. At the same time, I feel we
also need to hear the perspectives and voices of those who worked on the
program in any capacity.

Cheers
Bishakha