[Wikimediaindia-l] [Press] : DNA : "Here’s chance to become Wiki editors"

CherianTinu Abraham tinucherian at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 04:57:16 UTC 2011

*DNA : "Here’s chance to become Wiki editors"*
http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_heres-chance-to-become-wiki-editors_1610665

*Achu Kunameara, 10, from Kochi, uses Wikipedia on a daily basis to promote
his mother tongue by regularly editing and uploading content in Malayalam.*
*
*
*Now he will present a paper on how students like him are using Wikipedia
to help generate content, at the Wikipedia conference to be held at the
Mumbai University’s Fort campus from November 18 to 20. “I started using
Wikipedia when I was in class IV. Instead of using its content, I started
editing some articles,’’ he said.*
*Like Kunameara, many people in the age group of 10 to 30 are using and
generating content on Wikipedia.*
*
*
*Now, Wikipedia is encouraging Indian youth to become content generators
and editors, as well as being the end users. *
*At the two-day conference, workshops like Editahon and Hackathon, will
teach students how to edit content on Wikipedia and will give chance to
tech savvy youth to develop components for mobile applications, offline
open source application and improving its interface.*

Regards
Tinu Cherian
press at wikimedia.in
http://wiki.wikimedia.in/In_the_news

Important Note : The publisher ( DNA / Dainik Bhaskar ) of the above news
article owns the copyrights of the article / content. Request to kindly not
reproduce or circulate the content further. The information is only shared
only with an internal community who have been featured on this article.
 All copyrights are duly acknowledged.