[Wikimediaindia-l] [Press]: The Hindu : "India is No.6 in donating to Wikipedia"

Arun Ramarathnam arunram25 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 11:08:15 UTC 2011

Gerard,

IMHO, someone feeling the need to see the WIkipedia main page or read
content everyday and feels something is amiss if they don't, also has a
sense of ownership. To have a sense of ownership one doesn't necessary need
to contribute content or contribute financially.

I have met many people who have a warm fuzzy feeling for Wikipedia, read
content every day in their tea break, who have never considered contributing
content or money. They are quite happy with their daily experience of
reading.

Surely contribution of content or money is a demonstration of ownership but
probably not the only ones.

Regards
Arun

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com