[Wikimediaindia-l] Do you donate to Wikipedia/ Wikimedia?

CherianTinu Abraham tinucherian at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 07:43:50 UTC 2011

Hi,
    I am working with a journo on a news article related to Wikimedia
Fundraising and donations from India. Hope at least some of you already know
that India in the top 6 donor countries to the Wikimedia Foundation. (
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tdr42GK_QfdjmijxzyjNnZw&authkey=CKb59_wD#gid=0
[1]).
10,488 contributions and $193,657.88 . These are approximate figures based
on stats available. Still it is great news.

           The reporter would like to talk to individuals to understand why
they donate to Wikimedia/ Wikipedia. So if you have donated to Wikimedia (
however small or big ) and if you filling to be contacted/quoted by the
press, please contact me *offlist* asap. Both regular editors and users are
equally welcome.

Remember to send your contact info ( Name, Mobile, Email , Place,
Editor/User) to me personally and not to this mailing list. Please note that
list mails are publicly archived for ever.

Thanks
Tinu Cherian
[1] This is a publicly available data,
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tracking_Progress_for_2011_chapters_fundraiser_and_reporting