[Wikimediaindia-l] National Museum in Delhi

Gautam John gautam at prathambooks.org
Thu Mar 10 06:59:05 UTC 2011

On 10 March 2011 12:25, Anirudh Bhati <anirudhsbh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gautam, are there restrictions by copyright law on publishing pictures
> of art-work available in publicly-accessible galleries?  [We did have
> a discussion on this with Pranesh at the last Bangalore Wikipedia
> meetup].

I am assuming pretty much all of the objects in the museum that are
intended to be photographed are out of copyright and by a long time!
Assuming you are taking photographs of the objects themselves and not
of the photographs that the museum has taken (which they will hold the
copyright to) you should be good to go but would be useful to follow
their attribution guidelines.

Thank you, Anirudh!

Best,

Gautam