[Wikimediaindia-l] Releasing Wikipedia CD – "few concerns"

CherianTinu Abraham tinucherian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 12:01:45 UTC 2011

Happened to jump into this blogpost by Shiju Alex "*Releasing Wikipedia CD –
few concerns*"

http://shijualex.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/releasing-wikipedia-cd-few-concerns/

Thought it might need a larger discussion in the Wikicommunity.

Here are my take on same :
1) Releasing Wikipedia CD for School and school children needs larger review
of content. Not all content on Wikipedia may be suitable for children. If
any such controversy occurs on content on Wikipedia to children, we may risk
a very bad reputation and possibly permanent ban of them from schools.
2) If we have releasing a Wikipedia on a particular language, it is always
good to take the Wiki-community along. They will be more than happy to help.

Please go through the blogpost and share your thoughts

Regards
Tinu Cherian