[Wikimediaindia-l] About description of of Wikipedia

Subhashish Panigrahi psubhashish at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 15:55:14 UTC 2011

Hi All,

We are amid of an ongoing description of changing the current description of
Odia Wikipedia.

The present description is as below-
ଓଡ଼ିଆ ଉଇକିପିଡ଼ିଆ (Odia Wikipedia)
ଗୋଟିଏ ଖୋଲା ଭାଷାକୋଷ (Eka khola bhasakosa meaning An Open Encyclopedia)

But as most suggesting the name "Gyanamandala" or "Gyana kosa", I just want
to ask one thing, is that fine if we change the description from "Bhasakosa"
to "Gyanamandala"?

But, here is a question! A friend has mentioned that "Gyanamandala" is the
name of an old encyclopedia. *(Published during 1961-1988 by Binod Kanungo).
* But "Gyanamandala" is a generic name in Odia Language which means
"Encyclopedia", So, can we use this word in the description part.

PS This is the text which appears below the name "Wikipedia" in Odia
Wikipedia logo (http://or.wikipedia.org )

Please give your suggestions.
regards
*