[Wikimediaindia-l] Global Fund raising Support to Indian Currency

Sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:33:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

Many organisations registered as societies are facing problems because
of their registration for 80G exemption. The I Tax procedures are too
time consuming and needs lot of your time/manpower and other
resources.

Some of my friends who suffered because of 80G registrations advised
not to go for 80G. If someone is asking for exemption, just cut off
that much money and take that much less donations.

Unless the amounts received are real HUGE, it is not worth going for
80G registration.

Well, the choice is yours.(I mean the chapter in this case)

...my 2 paisa...

-Sudhanwa

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Gautam John <gautam at prathambooks.org> wrote:
> Hey Srikanth:
>
> Timely reminder - but as always, bureaucracy is a stumbling block. 80G
> registration takes a long time - we can only apply around 6 months
> after registration and so this is going to take a while longer.
>
> =(
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best,
>
> Gautam
> ________
> http://social.prathambooks.org/
>

> On 13 June 2011 21:28, Srikanth Lakshmanan <srik.lak at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am writing this mail to ask Chapter folks / Wikimedians experienced in
>> Global Fundraising as to get some information on our preparedness to support
>> INR currency in the Global Fundraising initiative which would be up later
>> this year. I am under impression, Chapter is one of the pre-requisite. Now
>> that we have a Chapter and that it has a bank account, I would like to know
>> what else would it take to support INR this year. I would appreciate if
>> Chapter takes this up as a key project(I dont see this listed currently) and
>> helps in this since it is largely in legal / administration thing. I hope
>> the community would always do its part, be it translating the banners,
>> things which can be done by individual contributors.
>>
>> * Providing support to donations in INR is 1st priority
>> * Optionally providing tax rebate under donations, would attract more
>> donors.
>>
>> Regards
>> Srikanth.L

web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.