[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimedia Outreach Activities in Gujarat

Arnav Sonara sonara.arnav at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 13:27:32 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

As the subject suggests, I am planning to carry out few outreach sessions in
Gujarat since I will be there for my vacations starting in few days. These
sessions are simply intended to let people over there know what exactly is
wikipedia and how it is growing in other parts of country and if they are
interested in it how they can start contributing to wikipedia. Now since I
am a newbie and this would be my first kind of presentation, so I need help
from you guys. Please feel free to suggest me anything related to it. I have
downloaded few presentations from various Wikis and might create one
presentation from those only and the sole purpose would be "Introducing
Wikipedia" to them, and am planning to start this from my Hometown and my
own school St. Xavier's High School Jamnagar, and would later contact other
school/colleges in Jamnagar and if I get good response or anyone is willing
then I am ready to move down to nearby cities also. As far as I know these
kind of activities have not yet been conducted in that part of country yet,
I want those people also to know where exactly Wikipedia and India are
headed and since I belong from that locale only the communication would not
be a problem between us. Also I basically plan to go to schools first and
meet teachers and students on how they can use and contribute to wikipedia
and how other people are using it and contributing to it.

So please everyone I want your feedback regarding this, and also if anyone
on this list is from Gujarat please contact me so that we can plan things
and work accordingly.

--
Thanks
Arnav (ricku).