[Wikimediaindia-l] Workshop on Creative Commons in Mumbai, India on June 18, 2011

Pradeep Mohandas pradeep.mohandas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 11:35:19 UTC 2011

hi,

The Mumbai Wikimedia community will be hosting a Creative Commons workshop
involving a talk by Shishir Kumar Jha followed by an interactive session.
Shishir Jha is the Project Lead, Creative Commons (India project) and an
Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT-B) - more
here: http://www.som.iitb.ac.in/~shishir/fac12.html

The need for this workshop was felt during Liam Wyatt's visit to India when
we found ourselves explaining about Creative Commons to various Galleries,
Libraries, Archives and Museums (GLAM in wikispeak) before we could even get
to the GLAM idea. Since Shishir was involved with Creative Commons and was
in Mumbai we took the opportunity to invite him for the talk. In addition to
the Wikimedia community, we will also be inviting members from the GLAM
community so that they are also exposed to the idea of Creative Commons.

You can sign up for the event here -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Workshop/Mumbai_Workshop_1

You can revert to me if you have any questions/suggestions or leave a note
on the talk page.

warm regards,
Pradeep Mohandas
Mumbai Wikimedia Community