[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimediaindia-l Digest, Vol 36, Issue 19

Srikanth Ramakrishnan rsrikanth05 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 17:13:06 UTC 2011

Bro, just chill.
I think you are going a little overboard on this matter.
It's not about Personal contributions OR joining date.
In case you didn't know, I've been here since 2005, and Arun from 2004,
however most of the prominent members of the community, like Manish, Tinu,
Subha have all joined post 2006.
Take this as advice from a retired editor, and NON member of the chapter.
All languages WILL and SHALL get equal priority.
But, if the community isn't active in contributing, then there is NO point
in having a separate chapter.
At this point in time, I think you Delhiites need to organise your
contributions, have a feedback system or reporting system as to what you
guys did to collaborate further, have monthly meetups, etc.
I am against these local split chapter ideas, but if you persist, I may very
well change my mind and rally for a Wester chapter for Marathi and Konkani.
Don't make me act stupid.
Regards,
Srikanth.

On 5 June 2011 22:35, Vibhi Jain <vibhijain at yahoo.in> wrote:

> Well as it comes to age, i do not think that its a barrier here. As it
> comes to sysop rights, i am the largest contributor to sa wiki and to pi
> wiki, where I am a sysop. Well for your information, I have been engaged
> in contacting organizations for collaborations with pi wiki. Then it comes
> to bot rights, it is just my AWB account so I can add stub template to
> pali wikipedia articles. And as it comes to oversight, what are you talking
> about. I know that oversight are for those who are above 18. And now the
> removal, I don't think that this right is not given to me, for your
> information, I have also made a admin policy for sa wiki. Its not that I did
> it to take a revenge or anything. HPN has been inactive from 2007 on sa wiki
> and made Mike a crat without community consensus. I also had a fight with
> him regarding his removal (sorry if he felt angry with me). And who say that
> I have placed a bid alone, just see the local team, you will also find Mayur
> there. And its a unofficial bid, who am I to place a bid, its
> just unofficial bid my friend. Well I don't understand why do you always
> classify users by seeing their joining date, not their contributions. I also
> wanted to have a workshop and a meetup before placing a request, and I have
> been in discussion about that with Mayur, but we need to know are people
> really interested in this so we can decide whether  to raise this issue.
> Well I don't want to have a fight here, I already had some. Sorry If I did
> some wrong, But Theo, why do you always disturb me, you also said ''Which
> right do you want now'' on IRC when I was just having a talk with a user
> regarding removal of sysop rights. Well If you have any problem, tell it
> freely to me.

Regards,
ME.
Wear a Lungi, Support the Movement
 My infrastructure invasion... plus other images
too.. on Wikimedia Commons. http://bit.ly/d50SIq