[Wikimediaindia-l] [Wikimedia-in-del] Join Wikimedia Delhi chapter

Subhashish Panigrahi psubhashish at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 16:10:17 UTC 2011

I feel everyone should feel respected and pay respected that the Foundation
Chapter office is going to be in Capital of India and Chapter office to be
Bangalore as it was initiated here.

That makes a fair belief and proportionate handling of all the outreach
operation and convenience throughout India, Wikipedia operations should be
more decentralized to be operated in mass basis, simply accumulating more
people in a confined location will not help to spreading any message.

Regards
Subha

On 5 June 2011 20:51, CherianTinu Abraham <tinucherian at gmail.com> wrote:

> No offence, But with the existence of a national chapter for India and also
> Wikimedia Foundation office in Delhi, IMHO the need of Delhi chapter
> is redundant. Especially when the India chapter also plans to have location
> and language SIGs soon.
>
> We don't need more organisations.. we need to get more work done only ;)
>
> -Tinu Cherian
>
> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 8:38 PM, Vibhi Jain <vibhijain at yahoo.in> wrote:
>
>> A new chapter proposal for *Wikimedia Delhi City* has been placed. If
>> passes, it would be the fourth Sub-national chapter of Wikimedia. For
>> further details, go to http://bit.ly/mHk3uT , the profits of a local
>> chapter would be:
>>
>> * More promotion of Wikipedia in Delhi
>> * More support from the Wikimedia Foundation
>> * Will help in Developing wiki community
>> * More Workshops
>>
>> At a very early phase, we need 10-20 People interested in helping to
>> create a local chapter. If you are interested, then please add your name to
>> *''People interested in helping to create a local chapter''* section on
>> the link provided above.

*
ସୁଭପାSubhashishPanigrahi
ଓଡ଼ିଆ ଉଇକିପିଡ଼ିଆ