[Wikimediaindia-l] First GLAM event in Mumbai - Talk on Creative Commons - Suggestions Requested

Pradeep Mohandas pradeep.mohandas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 11:33:43 UTC 2011

hi,

Cross-posted on the GLAM mailing list, Mumbai and India lists.

We're having our first GLAM related event in Mumbai, India on June 18, 2011.
We're starting off with a talk/workshop by Shishir Jha, Project Lead,
Creative Commons India and an Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of
Technology, Bombay.

The talk is aimed at the Wikipedian and GLAM community to help both of us
better understand the Creative Commons set of licenses and its nuances. I'm
writing to this list for suggestions on specific set of CC-related topics
that we should discuss at such a meeting that would help clarify concepts
for both the Wikipedia and the GLAM community related to licensing. The GLAM
community in Mumbai will also utilise this to understand CC and its benefits
more clearly and use it to approach other GLAM institutions in Mumbai in
particular and India in general.

If we have Shishir Jha's permission, we hope to video tape and upload the
meeting onto the Wikimedia Commons.

Thanks in advance and warm regards,
Pradeep Mohandas