[Wikimediaindia-l] Why do new users create accounts on Wikipedia?

BalaSundaraRaman sundarbecse at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 09:56:07 UTC 2011

Lennart is organising a survey to understand why users register in Wikipedia at
all.
During the first phase, English, German, French, Spanish, Swedish, Bengali and
Bahasa Melayu are targetted.
Some preliminary results are given at:
http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Account_Creation_Improvement_Project#First_results_from_the_Account_creation_survey

It would be nice if we can localise the survey and run it in most of our
wikipedias. If anybody wants to volunteer to localise the survey, please get in
touch with Lennart (copied) or drop a message in the talk page above.

- Sundar