[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikipedia presence at the 77th All-India Kannada Sahitya Sammelan.

Hari Prasad Nadig hpnadig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 04:32:23 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Ralph <work.well.done.in at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/article1096315.ece
>
> In order to move forward, may I suggest the following:
>
> Job description of volunteer: other prerequisites - please list
> 1. Speak Kannada                 Yes (mandatory)/No (not required)
> 2. Programming knowledge     Yes (mandatory)/No (not required)
> 3.
> 4.

Let us not make both mandatory as we'd like to see as many volunteers
participating as possible. However, if anyone who's good with speaking in
Kannada can take the lead, it'd be useful.

I can step in if no one else does. Ideally, it would be nice to see some new
volunteers taking the lead.

Copying this email to the Kannada Wikipedia Mailing list as well.

> 1. List of names/email of volunteers who will be present at the Kannada
> Wikipedia booth on
> a. 4 Fri
> b. 5 Sat
> c. 6 Sun

Has the booth been confirmed?

> 2. Location map of venue/hall/room - exact details to prevent frantic
> searching for the right place.
>
> 3. Bus from Shivajinagar/Majestic/...
>
> 4. Coordinator name & mobile 9.........
>
> 5. Please bring (your own) snack/lunch, booth will be working without a
> break! Cannot afford to lose a single visitor.
>
> 6. Script: What should/should not be said. It may be impossible to meet
> before the event for the orientation but a virtual classroom will address
> that need.
>
> http://www.wiziq.com/online-class/453323-let-s-learn-to-use-wiziq-virtual-classroom

It would be good to meet sometime to discuss all this. I can be of help.

Ralph, would you be able to send me your phone number off the list?

--
Hari Prasad Nadig
http://hpnadig.net | http://twitter.com/hpnadig