[Wikimediaindia-l] [WikiX-l] India specific Designs / Artwork for Wikipedia 10

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 12:37:03 UTC 2011

In-line :-

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 16:42, Swapnil Narendra
<swapnilnarendra at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Swapnil,

> I use Ubuntu and thus I work on GIMP. So I dont know how to create .SVG
> files. How about if I send you after converting them into .PSD files and
> then you can convert them into .SVG. Or you can tell me how to make .SVG
> files and I will send all the files again after converting them.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. From what I read above you are using
gimp. IIRC GIMP does it in .xcf format. You just need to install
imagemagick http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php and
convert/export it to the same.

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php?ImageMagick=4fvsbsbhh27m20nbeg1t1s8a84

Alternatively you can import them into inkscape (install inkscape) and
convert them into .svg as well.

Either way should be good.

I did try out imagemagick couple of years ago for something similar
and it worked out for me at that time.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल