[Wikimediaindia-l] When one sheep has gone over the dam, others follow

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 14:31:22 UTC 2011

Hoi,
I am really excited that Junaid P V was given commit rights to the MediaWiki
code repository. As you may know, he is working on supporting input methods
for the Indian languages. There is already an extension that helps for some
languages but we are looking for support in MediaWiki itself.

I blogged about this and used a picture of sheep walking over a dam. It is
proverbial in my language; my hope is therefore that many Indians will find
their way as MediaWiki developers. Not only to support their language but
also to make MediaWiki even better then it is today.
Thanks,
     GerardM

http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2011/02/committed-developer-from-india-more.html