[Wikimediaindia-l] PDF rendering of Indian language wiki pages

Srikanth Lakshmanan srik.lak at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 18:12:09 UTC 2011

Hi Santhosh,

Cool!. Just have some feedback on the generated PDF (Same article ilangai on
tamil wikipedia). I see line spacing is not uniform and some characters from
adjacent lines overlap, but a slightly more important issue is spacing
within the words for certain characters[Am not sure if its a repeatable
pattern for a particular charater], but certainly it takes a toll on
readability since it gives space with in a word. I am not sure if its a
tamil specific issue too.

Tested on Windows XP with Firefox where tamil wikipedia reads fine.

Regards
Srikanth.L
http://srik.me